The Congregational Church of Burlington, as a United Church of Christ fellowship, has affirmed the Statement of Faith of the United Church of Christ.
As believers that our salvation comes as a gift from God through the life, teachings, death, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, and as Christians empowered by the Holy Spirit, we avow:
- To honor and praise God through worship as we confess our sins, accept God’s forgiveness, and offer to God our thanksgiving.
- To proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, each using our unique spiritual gifts to reach out to each other in our community and in the world.
- To seek the unity of faith within our own congregation and the Church Universal, all the time realizing and accepting that Christians do have differing backgrounds and perspectives by which they live.
- To promote teaching and learning by children, youth and adults so that the fundamentals of our faith are learned and lived as we strive to be conscious Christians seven days a week.
- To recognize and address, with God’s love, the powers of divisiveness within and among us.
- To love each other and all of God’s people, as God loves us.